GOOD EGG AWARD UPDATE

Hello folks,

We have been thinking about making some changes to the good egg award. Under the current system, Good Eggs are only recognised once, but we'd like to create a new system to recognise those of you who consistently contribute really good stuff to the Forum.

One of the ideas we've been throwing around is that of a monthly rolling award. If anyone has any thoughts on this or other ideas regarding improvements to the good egg award we would welcome constructive comments.

Claire
(on behalf of all of the Moderators)

• Hi Claire

Good Idea as some do contribute a lot with their expertise.

You could ward a star or something at the side of the good egg. Happens silver then after 3 silvers a gold.

Only an Idea

Ray

• Maybe different levels of egg :)

Scrambled, poached, softboiled, hardboiled.....

Laid,incubated,hatched, fledged...

So that any consistent winners get better status

• mpiekp said:

Maybe different levels of egg :)

Scrambled, poached, softboiled, hardboiled.....

Laid,incubated,hatched, fledged...

So that any consistent winners get better status

Oh I like the idea of this mpiekp!! The humour also adds to it, as we are meant to be a friendly informative wee group!!

• Jennifer T said:

Hello folks,

We have been thinking about making some changes to the good egg award. Under the current system, Good Eggs are only recognised once, but we'd like to create a new system to recognise those of you who consistently contribute really good stuff to the Forum.

One of the ideas we've been throwing around is that of a monthly rolling award. If anyone has any thoughts on this or other ideas regarding improvements to the good egg award we would welcome constructive comments.

Claire
    (on behalf of all of the Moderators)

Hope whatever happens you keep a monthly award as there are several regular contributers I would like to see get the award in future.

• Hi Mrs. T.

I am being a bit thick today, as I don't understand your post! Please can you explain what a rolling egg award is exactly, and how you envisage it working?

I do agree the present system needs a re-think.

• Susan H said:

Hi Mrs. T.

I am being a bit thick today, as I don't understand your post! Please can you explain what a rolling egg award is exactly, and how you envisage it working?

Not at all sparrow, ask away. A rolling good egg award can potentially be awarded to one person one month and then someone else the next.

Claire

• Jennifer T said:

Hi Mrs. T.

Not at all sparrow, ask away. A rolling good egg award can potentially be awarded to one person one month and then someone else the next.

Claire

[/quote]

Now I'm confused. Isn't that what happens now?  A good egg award is made once a month, and invariably to different individuals......

• Do you mean the Good Egg is only awarded for one month, then removed?

• What's always struck me as odd about the present system is that the Good Egg is awarded in perpetuity.whether or not the recipient continues to contribute consistently. Equally, as you say Claire, there is no further opportunity for a good contributor to be recognised again.

I'm also not very clear about what you are proposing. Are you suggesting that the award is made and held for one month only? That way it would be possible for a good contributor to get the award in consecutive months or several times in a year

TJ

• As TeeJay points out, the way the system is currently, once you are awarded the good egg, you will keep the badge regardless how active a contributor you are afterwards, and every month a new good egg is added to the list. By now, we have a couple of dozen good eggs. The idea of the rolling good egg is to have the award passed on each month, like a trophy in a sports league, which is held by the season's winner for that season only. The award would go to the individual considered to have made an outstanding positive contribution to the forums during the previous month, and because they are not blending into the crowd, the good egg award would show up more on the forum pages and would, hopefully, have a greater prestige. This is only one of the ideas we have been toying with, and we want to have your input and views on this idea as well as any others you may have in order to revamp the good egg award in a way that works best.