Dead Peregrine Falcon

I found a dead Peregrine falcon by the side of the road with no obvious cause of death - should I report this to someone?

• Hi, thanks for the replies. The bird is not ringed and I’m near Bungay which is Suffolk / Norfolk border
  • Hi, no I didn’t pick it up but I could pop down the road tomorrow and see if it’s still there
  • Wow guys that’s great research, I’ve lived here a while now and didn’t know there was Peregrine living in the town! I’ll see if I can get in touch with the people in the article. I’ve never seen a wild Peregrine before but I think it was one and we did take a picture so we can check. It’s because it’s so unusual I thought I’d need to report it to someone but couldn’t find anything when I searched the web so really grateful for your help. Personally I don’t think there was any fowl play I think it was probably just hit by a car and the driver possibly thought it was a pigeon, sad though.
  • Hi Alan, I’m afraid my IT skills don’t appear to be up to the task! I’ve had a quick search on how to do it but as I’m on an iPad I can’t seem to do it!
  • Oh dear it’s official I’m an idiot and will be drummed out of the twitchers society - I’ve just looked at the photo and it’s a sparrowhawk not a Peregrine d’oh! Grovelling apologies to all, but I have discovered the Waveney Bird Society so maybe they can help me improve my skills.
    Sorry for wasting your time