Raise Community site problems here

Yesterday, I and one or two other members had a problem with Windows 10 Edge browser where the "Use rich formatting" button would not work on this site;      today the problem seems to have been resolved as I was able to upload a test image, however,  on some browsers, like Safari, other's are still having problems.      It would be helpful if either this thread or a new dedicated Tech's thread for any site problems/issues could be made into a sticky so it stays at the top.   That way forum members can find it easily and add any technical issues they are having on this community.    Thank you in advance.

Will start off with Bob's post from this morning:

Quote:       Yes the site has plunged downhill again. Rich Formatting button is not working on Safari either, though instead of the old error page message I get a "That was unexpected page" telling me the problem has been logged and reported. It remains to be seen whether anything happens. Personally I would start a new thread about the issue, but believe it or not I can't actually start any New Threads.

So I would be grateful if anyone using a different browser can start a new Thread on the Community Upgrade page and try and alert the powers that be. Even if it is a browser related issue, Safari is not exactly one of your rarely used browsers.

Regards, Hazel 

• Edge was working for me this time (it hasn't always). However, all of a sudden the site slowed drastically, failing to load pictures in existing threads, etc. which it wasn't doing a moment before. I am beginning to believe this is not browser related at all, but periodically the site server or some other internet connection goes into overload or meltdown and it doesn't matter what you're using it gives problems just because the server won't load things quickly enough before your browser gives up. A while later and there is no overload and the browser seems to work again. Just an idea!

Nige   Flickr

• @NigelO...." I am beginning to believe this is not browser related at all, but periodically the site server or some other internet connection"

Am in Chrome and ,yep will not load 'use rich formatting' at the moment DOH!

• That's weird, for days rich formatting would not work with Chrome but suddenly this morning it does. 

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Well Rich format wasn't working in chrome using win10 as I said earlier this morning.
    NOW on chromebook with chrome and still not allowing Rich format

• Well at least the pain is being shared about. I think we must be on some sort of rota. LOL
    Seriously though, there must be some sort of problem with the Community servers/software which seems inherently unstable. I just wish we could get some response from the digital team as to what's going on.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Just thought I'd put a link to my unsolved problem on here

community.rspb.org.uk/.../if-i-lose-my-reply-one-more-time but I don't suppose they read this either!

Best wishes

Hazel in Southwest France

• Does anyone else have the problem I have noticed today in that many posts have no latest time showing so the only option is to bring up the first page & navigate to latest comments via the page number arrows??

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Hi Wendy

Yep!!! sooooooo annoying...thought it was just me Doh!

Still same now.

also as I typed this received this message'

So still allowing you type by clicking reply button....BUT as Noisette and others said.....you have to re sign in,Doh!!,

• Obviously don't read this thread, It's still happening!!! Because I'm scatterbrained & don't notice I'm signed out, I type out my message & hit the reply button & lose the lot. Why oh why can't they remove the reply button if you're signed out. I rarely post these days because of this type of problem. IS THERE ANYBODY THERE????

Best wishes

Hazel in Southwest France

• Don't think so Hazel, either self isolating or social distancing!!! lol.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.