Yet more SPAM

While we realise that it is impossible to tell whether a new user will or will not SPAM the Forums, surely any user who does post SPAM should be removed.

I think the latest batch of SPAM posted by the same user as yesterday just demonstrates how little the RSPB cares about its Community and its users. RSPB really needs to come up with a policy for removing these users and their rubbish as quickly as possible.

We realise that RSPB cannot possibly monitor the Forums 24/7 but there are enough reliable members online for considerable periods every day. Even if they cant be given permissions to remove posts and block users, surely a select band of users could be given an email address to contact in order to raise the alarm. 

Or is it really the case that these Forums are at the bottom of the RSPB priorities?

----------

Cheers,

Bob

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobs_retired_now/

• I think the community is finished Bob it is obvious the RSPB don't care about it, what the RSPB don't realise is the first time anything illegal is posted on here they will be in for a massive fine from the ICO for not taking enough caution in running a website.
    It would be so easy for them to give a few of us an email address we could contact or moderator prigelages. ..other than that I can see them shutting it down.

My Flickr photos

• That’s what I’ve thought for a while Alan. When I first joined this Forum when it was launched, all the Mods posted here continuishly on these forums every day and replied to anyone’s concern and queries from any of us, the Mods including Mrs T (Claire) who was the senior mod would reply straight away. Now sadly it all seems to be is the RSPB Facebook and Twitter websites that the RSPB care about, of where you get a reply from any of the Staff from the RSPB. Possibly with all the cuts there have been at the RSPB, there are now, not the staff available to reply to anyone anymore or as has been happening lately do nothing about any of the posts that are spam when allerted by members of these forums. I have heard about some of the reasons about the cuts in generally within the RSPB sadly and why it had to happen. But that’s sadly another story.

Regards,

Ian.

• It's not the spam that makes me the angriest Ian it's the total lack of respect from the staff at the RSPB that completely ignore a group of people that has only the best intentions for the community and the RSPB in general.
    What they don't realise is that just a few responses from them to show they are at least reading our comments would go a long way.
    I'm more likely to get banned for moaning than getting a helpful response from any of them, as I've said if anything illegal is posted they will be in for a big fine from the authorities.
    The ones that will miss out most if the community closes is the Osprey Group, I hope they all have a plan B when they cannot post on here.

My Flickr photos

• I’m waiting for a reply from the RSPB as I have been in touch.

Regards,

Ian.

• I've just filled in a volunteer form on the main site offering to moderate for them, to see if I get any sort of response...I'm not holding my breath LOL.

My Flickr photos

• I tweeted the guys/gals running the twitter feed earlier and they've just got back to me and have alerted the digital team.

My Flickr photos

• Well done and thanks Alan it is now so silly that one of us regulars cannot Moderate.

• I think they've removed the spam. Well done to those who alerted the administrators but it really shouldn't take all this effort. The spam reporting system is clearly not working and must be sorted out otherwise there's no point in having it there.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• I've only done it Kate to see if I get a response, sadly the person in charge is off sick till the 8th (automated reply).

My Flickr photos

• In reply to Alan.:

Alan. said:
    It's not the spam that makes me the angriest Ian it's the total lack of respect from the staff at the RSPB that completely ignore a group of people that has only the best intentions for the community and the RSPB in general.
    What they don't realise is that just a few responses from them to show they are at least reading our comments would go a long way.
    I'm more likely to get banned for moaning than getting a helpful response from any of them, as I've said if anything illegal is posted they will be in for a big fine from the authorities.
    The ones that will miss out most if the community closes is the Osprey Group, I hope they all have a plan B when they cannot post on here.

Totally agree about the lack of respect and communication, the broken promises etc. It's the same as last time and it's very disappointing but does, I fear, spell the end of these Forums as we know them. I note I am not the only one that has stopped doing regular photo reports of days out, adding only the odd video or picture now and then on something like the "Odds and Sods" thread.  I was on holiday for most of June with irregular wifi and didn't really get to follow the Community as I would normally have done - it really doesn't look like I missed anything, no queries were answered about problems and not a lot changed. At the end of the day its no great issue for me as I no longer pay the RSPB any money

----------

Cheers,

Bob

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobs_retired_now/