More Spam

I presume I am not the only one to flag up more Sam but still nothing has happened. 

Given that it probably isn't feasible to allow some trusted memebers the ability to act as moderators, would it be possible to give some of the members an email address that they could use to alert someone about incidents like this so that action could be taken. Or is it simply the case that anything that happens out of hours has to be put up with at least overnight or over the weekend?

----------

Cheers,

Bob

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobs_retired_now/

• Tis a shame that with willing Members, ready to act as soon as the Bots etc arrive, unable, to alert someone, if unable,to have the powers to delete messages as they appear, such a shame, as we see it just becomes worse, what is it three full pages this time around.

I already Moderate ,have done for many years , ( Non Birds) and must say that we rarely get a whiff of a scammer, as they/it knows, they are deleted and banned PROMPTLY , (Owners have complete control as they can re instate or whatever, should there be any uncertainty of the decision taken by Mods)

In the meantime all we can do is keep bumping true posts to get them dropped off the current page.

• In reply to SunnyKate2:

SunnyKate2 said:
    Tis a shame that with willing Members, ready to act as soon as the Bots etc arrive, unable, to alert someone, if unable,to have the powers to delete messages as they appear, such a shame, as we see it just becomes worse, what is it three full pages this time around.

I already Moderate ,have done for many years , ( Non Birds) and must say that we rarely get a whiff of a scammer, as they/it knows, they are deleted and banned PROMPTLY , (Owners have complete control as they can re instate or whatever, should there be any uncertainty of the decision taken by Mods)

In the meantime all we can do is keep bumping true posts to get them dropped off the current page.

Good to see that they have all been removed now ( only joking).

----------

Cheers,

Bob

• 64 SPAM threads, 20 hours ago and still there!!!!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• More spam right now. Where are the mods? I’m not not posting for the time being while nothing seems to be, been done by anyone with all this spam. Is anyone taken any notice of the alerts about all this spam. I’m worried about my security on these forums. I’m going to email head office at the Lodge tomorrow, as well as phoning up the RSPB headquarters. No one seems to be acting on the alerts. The RSPN moderators are available to reply on the RSPB Facebook and Twitter websites, but not on these forums. It just seems as though no one is available to delete all these spam posts or any replies from any of the Mods as there are on Facebook and Twitter, and that is my greatest concern.

Regards,

Ian.

• In reply to Catlady:

Not only has more`sp`am appeared in the last hour but it is from the same user. I realise that it might not be possible to avoid SPAM from a new user but surely we have the common sense to remove users who post SPAM?

----------

Cheers,

Bob

• It would be nice if a mod would keep an eye on this as we are online at certain times

J