Mark all Notifications a read

I really do wish that this Software would occasionally just do what it says. 

Clicking the Mark All Notfifications as Read should be quite a simple task for Software - it seems to work on every other Forum, Social Media site I use.

----------

Cheers,

Bob

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobs_retired_now/

• I don't get any notifications, haven't done for quite some time since the forum upgrade.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• In reply to Mike B:

Hi Mike, I am sure you know this already, but just as a reminder.

1. If you visit the "Settings Page" community.rspb.org.uk/.../settings
    2. Then select the "Notifications" option
    3. You can then turn on and off notifications for each different action

If you're not receiving any notifications at all you might find that these are all turned off.

Worth a check.
  • Hi Bob,

I am not able to replicate this issue you're describing, are you able to give more information?

Thanks,

Elliott.
  • In reply to Elliott B:

Elliott B said:
    Hi Bob,

I am not able to replicate this issue you're describing, are you able to give more information?

Thanks,

Elliott.

Currently I have 24 Notifications showing - when I click on them and select the "Mark all as Read" button, only 5 get deleted so I have to repeat the process several times. When I have deleted all of the Notifications, I still have 4 showing in the button but none in the list. The problem really hit home when i came home after a long holiday and had 490 ish Notifications to get rid of. 

PS What is happening with the random disappearance of the Community button in the left of the Header Banner? That has been ongoing for quote a while now.

PPS There is SPAM back at about 15:30 onwards

----------

Cheers,

Bob

• In reply to Bobs_Still_Retired:

Thanks Bob - I'll take a look at the notification issue, now I have more context.

In terms of the button disappearing, I have reported this before and because it is intermittent it is very difficult to replicate, therefore difficult to test or even fix. But I will raise it again if you are able to let me know if there are certain pages it happens on or not. e.g. does it always disappear on certain pages?

New spam issue dealt with - thanks.
  • In reply to Elliott B:

Elliott B said:
    Hi Mike, I am sure you know this already, but just as a reminder.

1. If you visit the "Settings Page" community.rspb.org.uk/.../settings
    2. Then select the "Notifications" option
    3. You can then turn on and off notifications for each different action

If you're not receiving any notifications at all you might find that these are all turned off.

Worth a check.

Hi Elliott,

All boxes were ticked when I first raised the the subject,  and checked again today, still ticked.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• It appears to be pretty random, read a thread, hit the button to get Home, it's not there when the Homepage loads. Reload, it may reappear, it may not. Use my browser bookmark, it may reappear.
    It's there on the homepage, click on a thread, it's not there on the thread page. I've not been able to ascertain a consistent way to re-pro it (and I've tried). To be honest, my immediate thought was a load balance issue, with one server having a missing bit of code

___

Find me on Flickr / All about your camera - The Getting off Auto Index

• In reply to Elliott B:

Elliott B said:
    Thanks Bob - I'll take a look at the notification issue, now I have more context.

In terms of the button disappearing, I have reported this before and because it is intermittent it is very difficult to replicate, therefore difficult to test or even fix. But I will raise it again if you are able to let me know if there are certain pages it happens on or not. e.g. does it always disappear on certain pages?

New spam issue dealt with - thanks.

Notifications Issue - thanks.

Button disappearing - seems random - it was there 5 minutes ago and now its gone. I probably spend most of my time going between the Community Home page and the Wildlife pages, but I think it afflicts all pages looking at what other people have said in the past.

SPAM - - good to hear it's gone. What will happen over the weekend?

PS added - I hit the send button and as soon as I was returned to the Page the button was back. 

PPS and then after the edit the button was gone.

----------

Cheers,

Bob

• In reply to Bobs_Still_Retired:

Thanks Bob,

I'll add that information to the incident I raise regarding the button and see what response I get.

Over the weekend there is currently no one on-call to monitor things from the RSPB, so please keep reporting anything you notice and I can review things on Monday - I am hoping the automation of SPAM removal will do what it is supposed to do and remove any offending posts, but if that does not work as expected then I will also be raising that on Monday should any incidents occur.

Many thanks and here's to a spam-free weekend,

Elliott.