I am so discouraged

The laboriousness in posting viewable snaps has nearly finished me off.

I now find that drag-n-dropped snaps are being resized down so that detail cannot be discerned without clicking to enlarge.  When covering a long and/or active period, and wishing to substantiate one's reports with snaps, it is now necessary to resize (say to 550 or 600px) and upload snaps individually, blanking out the default size each time.

Covering a long period can take (me) hours, without the extra time now involved in blasted clicking and highlighting and backspacing and oh! sod it all !!!

Can we really not be governed by a restriction on "weight" rather than size?

Tiger's Osprey Info & World Bird Cams

• I had a reply about the problems on the RSPB Forums on the main RSPB Facebook website and the reply I received wasn’t very encouraging. The reply I received was that because of cost, staff couldn’t reply on a regular basis about these problems and that the forum before this upgrade, in so many words was well past it’s sell by day. In my opinion this recent upgrade is already well past it's sell by day.

Regards,

Ian.

• Agreed, THOMO :( .

Tech Team, please explain what's happening HERE - note the remark "In the RF box, before posting, the above snaps are alternately smallish and HUGE!  Despite all being the same size."

It turned out that the alternate huge/small preview sizes were the same when posted, despite the snaps all being the same size and uploaded in the same manner.

• scylla said:
    Can we really not be governed by a restriction on "weight" rather than size?

I'm not sure what you mean by this, Scylla.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Once you have dragged and dropped you can still fit the source code and quite quickly paste in the display dimensions that you want for all the pictures - that’s what I was doing but I don’t think I can be bothered anymore because of their lack of respect for the users - not replying to anything and not supplying a fixed “issues” thread which would actually make their life easier, as they would only have to monitor one thread. It’s their total lack of respect that is the biggest disillusionment - when we post a picture on these forums we basically hand usage rights to RSPB. To use any pictures that they want - it ought to at least be a painless procedure what is it now, the 5th month since the Upgrade!

----------

Cheers,

Bob

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobs_retired_now/

• TeeJay - by WEIGHT - I mean what "they" call the size in Windows Explorer, as opposed to the dimensions in pixels:

EDIT - well there you go - the above can hardly be read although I resized it and set the Insert box to 450px wide with no depth restriction.

Drag-n-drop effort:

EDIT 2 - That's no different.  Here's an oversized verion dragged 'n dropped (and from where I'm sitting it doesn't look as tho it's going to be any different):

EDIT 3 - I shall now try dragging 'n dropping a short fat snap ;)

EDIT 4 - Now uploading with Insert box set to 600 x 000

BOB - I don't understand about source codes and changing the sizes :-/  I think I'm about as techy as I'll ever get, tho I notice that I'm still learning bits and pieces according to ongoing experiences.

• I've just done a "this is what happened step-by-step" post with half a dozen snaps, I resized each snap @ 600x338 and changed the sizes in the Insert box to match exactly, changed Web to File Upload and uploaded... all 6 times over, and the snaps came out OK, but what a performance.

The "heaviest" snap was 41KB, but, it being on the cusp of day to nightcam, the colours were muted or mono. An example of a bright daycam snap was just under 62KB.
    (Completely different topic, but I do feel that the font is not as clear as the improved one they gave us for a while - at least, not in the RF box while I was typing just now, but then it came out clearer in the post and now while I'm editing it's denser but smaller than when doing the original post.  Weird !!! )

• Select all your pictures and drag anddrsg and drop them. When they have finished they will be in a continuos row. Click on the first picture to highlight it and then move the cursor to the right with your arrow key so it sits between two pictures and then hit your return key and that will move the remaining pictures to the next row. Repeat the processsyill every picture is on its own row. Click the arrow above the fit box that says tools and then click on dource code. A box will appear with all the source code in and you will easily see the image sizes all lined up below each other. Edit those - I usually change the first one to 900 x 600 and then copy and paste that into all the others then just ok that at the bottom and post. Try it, it really is the simplest way to get a number of pictures inserted at a decent viewable resolution plus people can still click and enlarge to your original size if they wish to.

Secondly there seems little point in adding another gripe to a previous post as it is quite clear that the Tech guys are not reading anything - they don’t seem to be reading separate posts as they have never responded to separate posts I have written though they probably ignore me so it hardly expect them to look for new comments. I would put everything in a New post on the About group and just hope that someone reads it - or ask Mike to email Rlliot again though even that doesn’t seem to work. I know I tried sending Elliott a message in a friend request but was ignored. Good luck

----------

Cheers,

Bob

• I did try your multi-D&D method when you kindly explained it before, Bob - but am so clumsy I keep accidentally deleting snaps when trying to space them out :'(   Besides which, they don't appear in the right order so I C&P them into position, then I've got to put a comment ahead of each...  I'm only whinging on pathetically to let you know that you certainly were not ignored all that time ago ;)

As for getting resonses (not) - we've been hung out to dry, haven't we :(

• So write the text then drag a picture in and then do the next text and drag- that way you will get your carriage returns in and the pictures in the the order you want Then for the lady stage do the source code edit for the picture display sizing. I hope it helps but it would be better if they changed the default as the image display size appears to have lni effect on loading. If it had they would have prevented us from altering it and like everything else they have refused to to carry out a trial test. customer service doesn’t come into it

----------

Cheers,

Bob

• In reply to THOMO:

Ive been trying to upload a small video mp4. 50mb on here for an hour. Absolutely no joy. I am pretty savi with technology but it simply doesnt provide a video option. No wonder you are frustrafed.