Yet another Plea to the IT Team 22 March 2109

On 11th of March Elliott said 

"Yes, of course.

The fix to resolve the Rich Text Format problem is currently in a test version of the community and we are waiting for this to be scheduled and made public. I've chased our developer this morning and hope to have an update later today.

In terms of the default phot size, while I acknowledge the concerns that have been raised, there are currently no plans to change this.

Many thanks,

Elliott." 

11 days ago the fix for the Rich Formatting was in a Test version of the Community and it has now been published (on a Friday afternoon) and I may well have missed the announcement of the fix. At last we can reply in Rich Formatting to the Original Poster of a thread, which in itself is good news. 

The bad news is that we STILL cannot reply to the last poster using Rich Format. This just gets worse.

Also on the 11 of March Elliiott said;

"I will look at what we can do to ensure we have a central place for this type of communication. I agree it would definitely simplify the collation of technical and experience issues within the community and give a focal point/destination for these types of things."

Has this been forgotten about?

----------

Cheers,

Bob

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobs_retired_now/

• Full credit to you, Bob, for your persistence. They fix one problem and create a new one. It's demoralising when you hear nothing for days or even weeks.
    One of the things that bugs me about the default thumbnail size of the photos is that it can take 7 - 10 seconds for the larger photo to open. I'm just not going to waste my time doing that. I just don't believe that posting photos to fit the space available significantly slows things down. I would have thought that it's the size of the image in Mb that you upload that would reduce the performance. I always constrain my images to 2 Mb anyway and I would be happy if that was set as the maximum.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• I’m not surprised by lack of contact by members of staff from the RSPB. It happened the last we had changes from the original forum to the forum before this upgrade and I knew the same would happen again. When there is a supposed improved upgrade as advertised by any organisation, i’ve found it nearly always it’s far worse. I just want a website by whoever such as by the RSPB that is simple to use.

Regards,

Ian.

• I heard on the grapevine that Elliott is away at the moment.

Tiger's Osprey Info & World Bird Cams

• In reply to scylla:

scylla said:
    I heard on the grapevine that Elliott is away at the moment.

All the more reason for Communication, don't you think? - unless it was an urgent matter, but this was 11 days ago that he made these statements. Also some one has enough responsibility to initiate the change that has just  occurred to the last Reply box. It really is down to a lack of Commitment to and Communication with members and other Forum users. 

----------

Cheers,

Bob

• Just bumping this up in the hope that it gets seen.

----------

Cheers,

Bob

• Bumped again, and at the same time added again the comment about architecture. Unless that issue from a number of years ago is addressed, the community will never take off due to being swamped by a very niche area of interest. It was acknowledged several times that the architecture needed reviewing/amending and yet each time a rollout occurs, what I would deem top priority goes unaddressed.

• In reply to Robbo:

Robbo said:
    the community will never take off due to being swamped by a very niche area of interest

Shortly after the new forums were introduced and all the problems for non-osprey members surfaced big-time (which I know had been a bug-bear for years), I suggested that Loch Garten latest posts etc could be "nested" under Loch Garten Ospreys*, but there's been no response that I've seen.

*I mean, "nested under a single Loch Garten Ospreys" title in the list of threads, which, when clicked, would reveal the latest posts etc in the Loch Garten Ospreys category.

Tiger's Osprey Info & World Bird Cams

• Another bump,I the hope of a response

----------

Cheers,

Bob