Photo uploading test thread

• Thanks Scylla  and Alan for your help and inport

This system is sill driving me up the wall

Hi to everyone

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

My Flickr account is here

• Perhaps we should all stop posting photographs - It is very disappointing that they are being so intransigent about not changing the default size, claiming that it slows the site down. However, anecdotal evidence from users does not support that theory and if it were true, surely they should not allow us to increase the display size ourselves.

To me it's the biggest disappointment with the new system, especially since they have at last provided a multi-photo loading capability.

----------

Cheers,

Bob

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobs_retired_now/

• Beautiful Kestrel, thank you Limpy for persevering!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• In reply to James:

Jim, I don't understand this, on my MacBook in photos file info it shows at 10.1mb. Any way with Alans help I've worked out a way to resize pics on laptop and not use Flickr.
    Thanks for your help.

KR
    Tony

https://www.flickr.com/photos/wherryman/

• This is replying to the opening post

Testing for the first time in community 

(c) Owl Research Institute/Explore.org

Taken from the Charlo Osprey nest just over about 17th March 2018

• oh dear,that turned out very big in the preview pane... posting now. #test123

Ijsvogel

2016: first time in history an Osprey nested in the NL. 2018: 2 active nests! 2019: a winterstorm took that first nest down, still hoping for a good season...

• Test #2

(letting the sizes in the upload function set to  standard)

insert line here (so this way i can get more in) ahaaa!

(setting width to 450 and the other size "empty")

i am satisfied. with the upload tool in rtf. #endoftest

2016: first time in history an Osprey nested in the NL. 2018: 2 active nests! 2019: a winterstorm took that first nest down, still hoping for a good season...

• OTTER MIEMUIS said:

i am satisfied. with the upload tool in rtf

I find that my snaps override the size in the Insert box :-/  They come out huuuuge when I don't want them to :-/

Beautiful photos, Otter :-*

Otter also said:

I hope so too!

Tiger's Osprey Info & World Bird Cams

• This unresized screenshot from the middle-ish of a 16:9 cam is uploaded with the default 320x240, but comes out huge.

Tiger's Osprey Info & World Bird Cams