A Plea to the IT Community about the latest Upgrade.

• In reply to Elliott B:

Thank you Elliot for your update to us regarding future changes. I look forward to any further tweaks. The only input that I have regarding the upload of photos is that, as I use my iPad almost all the time, when someone posts larger photos, it does take a bit of time for them to load [we have a very good speed of around 20], otherwise the forum works well. I, like some others don't post many photos, so pick them from my file and change to 500x500, they fill the window. I don't find it is too much of a pain, but do understand the problem if folks have many to post. Yes, it will be a real pain when the Osprey season starts, if we are having to click to enlarge!!!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• In reply to Catlady:

Could do with loading faster its a little on the slow side :(

Jim

My Pictures

• In reply to James:

James G said:

If you think its slow now, wait till Osprey season starts

----------

Cheers,

Bob

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobs_retired_now/

• In reply to Elliott B:

Elliott B said:
    2. Quoting and Original Posters name - we released changes in the most recent update to deliver pagination to the longer posts, which we felt was a priority for many regular users. This change did mean we saw a change in other features in the community including the quoting process and the location of the original posters name. But we have spoken to the software provider to ensure we can reintroduce these and timings for this are currently being discussed.

I can quote like this at the moment which I couldn't do before, but if there are more than one quote it doesn't come out right. The previous system was a disaster for me especially if you wanted to do a partial quote. I never had a problem with the old site.

I really would like to see the posters name on the front page, so that as you scroll down you can see who has started what, who has been on & who hasn't. If I've only got a few minutes I'd like to see what my friends have been doing.

I'd still like to have a "Discussions I've participated in" available on the home page. I just can't keep up with posts. (EDIT, just seen that Alan mentioned this for me, thanks Alan)

However a big thankyou for the return to paging & reading down in the right order.

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• In reply to Bobs_Still_Retired:

Bobs_Still_Retired said:
    James G said:

It's still buggy. James has acquired a "G" from somewhere in the same way as Alan had a "B" appended to his name.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• In reply to TeeJay:

TeeJay said:
    Bobs_Still_Retired said:
    James G said:

It's still buggy. James has acquired a "G" from somewhere in the same way as Alan had a "B" appended to his name.

Yet HAZY, Mike and several others haven't acquired any extra letters or punctuation mark- they are probably green with envy 

----------

Cheers,

Bob

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobs_retired_now/

• In reply to Bobs_Still_Retired:

Bobs_Still_Retired said:
    f you think its slow now, wait till Osprey season starts

As Chloe and Tigers Clocks show( see index for others)

less than a MONTH

https://www.imagicat.com/MBcountdown.html

• Whoohooo, bring it on! Can't wait.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Doh!!!Now several people (including me )mentioning unable to use 'Rich Formatting'

Sometimes coming back to the posted it will allow.......Grr!!!!

• Now several people (including me )mentioning unable to use 'Rich Formatting'

Getting page not found when clicking on use rich formatting link.

But will see the full text editor if editing post.

My Flickr photos