A Plea to the IT Community about the latest Upgrade.

• In reply to SunnyKate2:

Hi Kate
    I can't tell I'm out and on my mobile but if you haven't changed the dimensions in the 2 boxes i assume they are classed as a thumbnail with them being the default size.
    I alter mine slightly and put 550 in the first box and leave the second blank.

My Flickr photos

• In reply to Alan.:

Morning Alan
    Enjoy the balmier weather...

I used to upload them to either 500x500 but it was such a faff, decided to post as default.when there are more than one to post.

• In reply to SunnyKate2:

SunnyKate2 said:
    These I posted  without increasing size, and they do not appear to be thumbnail... or is it me not understanding?

These are the standard Thumbnail size. In this case clicking on the pictures does not give an enlarged picture so there is no extra detail to be had. 

Changing the default to 640x480 would allow a picture to fill the central frame of the display, mobile or desktop, allowing a reasonable amount of detail to be seen but giving the choice to open for further detail, especially on a desktop. The thumbnails always need to be clicked on and then closed for each picture in a posting. At least with something like facebook, once you open one of the pictures in large screen, you can cycle through all of the pictures. I don't think that its asking a lot to make things more user friendly. Personally I have always made my pictures viewable by changing the size in the default box or by altering the html - but I really shouldn't have to. 

----------

Cheers,

Bob

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobs_retired_now/

• In reply to Bobs_Still_Retired:

Maybe the guys are willing to compromise and alter the default settings to 640x480 but alter the photo file size limit down to something like 2.5MB

My Flickr photos

• In reply to Alan.:

Noisette also asked about the thread filter for the homepage

it looks like this needs adding to the page

<select class="ui-select" id="fragment-157388619_filter" data-querykey="Sort">
    <option value="Active" >
    All recent discussions
    </option>
    <option value="Unread" >
    Unread discussions
    </option>
    <option value="MyThreads" >
    Discussions you've participated in
    </option>
    <option value="Authored" >
    Discussions you've started
    </option>

<option value="Unanswered" >
    Unanswered discussions
    </option>
    <option value="AnsweredWithNotVerified" >
    Answered discussions
    </option>
    <option value="NoResponse" >
    </option>
    </select>

My Flickr photos

• In reply to Bobs_Still_Retired:

Bobs_Still_Retired said:
    Personally I have always made my pictures viewable by changing the size in the default box or by altering the html - but I really shouldn't have to. 

Thanks for clarification,

I will revert back to LABORIOUSLY changing the default, but as you say is real pain.I used to increase 500x500 but will now  use 640x480

Also Thanks Alan.

• In reply to Alan.:

Alan. said:

Maybe the guys are willing to compromise and alter the default settings to 640x480 but alter the photo file size limit down to something like 2.5MB

That would be fine - after all there aren't that many average wildlife shots over 2.5 MB once you have cropped, unless you managed to get a real close up.

The problem is - if you want to put a lot of pictures on, which many of us do, the only way to do it is drag and drop because loading each picture separately via the insert box means,

clicking on insert, 

changing from WEB URL to File Upload

browsing for the file 

changing the default size block 

or

drag and drop multiple files ( which is a great improvement) which is then hampered by having to edit the html.

We have been doing this for a couple of months now but I'm not sure I want to continue - it will be interesting to see how it goes when Osprey season starts and screenshots are posted at thumbnail size. To be honest, I don't even want to click twice on every picture posted to open and close them when most can be appreciated at 640 x 480, and the special ones opened to full size. 

----------

Cheers,

Bob

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobs_retired_now/

• I’ve been having problems logging in. It’s getting worse this forum. Eventually I did manage to sign in. But again access to this forum and changing from page to page right now is taking ages. It’s very very slow again, just like it has on a number of occasions. Just to say I’m using an iPad and I’m using the Safari Browser.

Regards,

Ian.

• In reply to THOMO:

Is same for me today Ian on my Samsung tablet via Chrome ... 'unexpected error' message every time too!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• In reply to WendyBartter:

Yes I get the unexpected error as well, as has also happened on a number of occasions.

Regards,

Ian.