Community Updates - February 2019

• Alan, while I've no videos on Flickr, it's not an issue I've noticed, though I have noticed quite a few niggles since Oath took control from Yahoo, Logging in is fraught with "user not recognised" and even I cannot log out, no matter what browser I'm using.

But that is there, as for here, I run a lean pc, keeping it clear of a lot of unnecessary files, I always have done, so that is not the answer.

There is definitely an issue with using MS Edge, but to be fair MS Edge has issues with most sites, so I'll blame Mr Gates' team for that.

Something else that seems to be creeping in slowly, Mr Google seems to be making things slower with browsers other than it's own Chrome.

Is it a sign of the times, where we need a browser or app for each individual operation!

After all, mobile devices have practically gone down that road.....

And I mistaken believed computers would make things easier! Oh what a fool I've been.... :-D

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• Shambles is what I'd call this Forum. P45's spring to mind. I don't have videos on Flickr but I've noticed it's been getting a bit cranky.

I've not heard of Oath. I thought it was SmugMug that took over from Yahoo.They are Smug and we're the Mugs.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Just looked on Flickr help threads and there is also a problem with photos and that could be Tony's problem on his thread.

My Flickr photos

• So I see. I thought it was behaving oddly Seems it's not just the RSPB that can mess up.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• In reply to TeeJay:

TeeJay said:

Shambles is what I'd call this Forum. P45's .spring to mind

More like a bus pass it might go faster Tony lol

Jim

My Pictures

• In reply to TeeJay:

TeeJay said:

Shambles is what I'd call this Forum. P45's spring to mind. I don't have videos on Flickr but I've noticed it's been getting a bit cranky.

I've not heard of Oath. I thought it was SmugMug that took over from Yahoo.They are Smug and we're the Mugs.

TJ, you're right, I got it wrong, it was AOL (USA) that is now part of Oath.

AOL UK was bought by TalkTalk.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• In reply to TeeJay:

TeeJay said:
    So I see. I thought it was behaving oddly Seems it's not just the RSPB that can mess up.

I think generally software is a big mess today, there's too much individuality and less harmonisation in many prog/websites, and mobile devices are a classic example, where you have to have the app before you can access the site/data or whatever.

30 years of the WWW.....

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• Yes Mike, I totally agree. Even Sir Tim Berners-Lee, the founder of the WWW is dismayed and has said "Global action is required to tackle the web's downward plunge to a dysfunctional future"

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• In reply to SheilaFE:

SheilaFE said:
    Hazel C said:
    Alan. said:
    No the name is missing on the first post Hazel.
    Noisette:  The name of the person who starts the thread does appear, but not within the first post.  It is on the right hand side of the page, or the thread title, and was shown by Alan, here.  But here is a snip as an example

Thanks Sheila, I did undertand that in the end, but you have to click on the post to find out who started it. If I have 5 or 10 minutes to spare, I don't want to have to click on all the posts to see who started them. I can't see why it's not on the front page as it used to be, so much more useful.

I also loose too much time trying to find threads that I have commented in. This appears in the subforums like Allcreatures, so why not on the front page?? Frankly I've almost given up. Sorry folks. If they sort this place out maybe someone will let me know. 

P.S. The quotes STILL don't work..........

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• Elliott B said:

"Elliott.

p.s. I also know there are a few concerns with the current rate of Moderation within the Community - this is being looked at and I hope to be able to update you further in the coming days."

@ Elliott, this community is now becoming so difficult to follow, with all the Spam, several Members have said they would Moderate and Alan has even filled in the Volunteer form to that effect.

PLEASE can you ( Elliott) do something to assist.Thank you.