This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Community upgrade is live!

Hi all,

Thanks for your patience over the last week or so while the community has been in lockdown. Good news – the upgrade has now been implemented and you’re free to start commenting and posting across the community again.

With the upgrade I’m sure you’ll notice quickly that there are some minor differences in how you find and create posts, please give it a bit of time to get used to it. To help we’re producing some step by step guides about the most commonly used feature’s on here which will be posted in this thread as well. We're hoping to have these live by the end of the week.

While the community has been thoroughly checked we’re sure that the eagle-eyed amongst you will find some issues so please if you do find any errors drop them in this thread that we’ll be moderating to make sure any issues are picked up on and corrected asap.

We know you’ve been keen to get some new features on the community as part of the upgrade and I have some news on that as well.

• So you should now find that as standard all users have permission to format their posts, something I’m sure you’ll all agree has been sorely missing.
  • We have also figured out a way that you can upload multiple images at once within forum posts and comments. This isn’t a perfect solution and we’ll likely be doing some work to make it much more user friendly for you all in the future, but in the mean time I’ll be posting a how to guide for this within this forum soon.

Thanks again for the enthusiasm and support, we hope you like it.

RSPB Digital Team

• Formatting:

Should be one click from a menu, preferably at the top of the writing box.

I got waylaid whilst trying to register my strong agreement with this, which I omitted from previous comments.

Thanks for bringing it up, MikeB :)

• I’ve been having problems signing in on my iPad and it keeps saying at the top of this forum, that there appears to be an error. I hope this item does get posted, as I’ve had this problem since this morning.

Regards,

Ian.

• I get  error messages in duplicate every day on logging in ... have to refresh to get rid!  It's just another painful aspect of this upgrade!

• Hi all,

We've got an update on the ongoing work within the community following all of your really helpful feedback.

You can see what we've got planned here.

I'm going to lock down this thread now to make it as easy as possible for us to keep up with your feedback.