Community Upgrade

• In reply to TeeJay:

Fingers crossed...

Kind regards, 

Ann

• In reply to gaynorsl:

Bad timing, they needed to have brought it forward to "now", while I've got hardly any internet, only a few minutes a day thanks to BT Fon... during one of which I saw dear KATE's heads-up, thanks so much Kate :-*

gaynorsl said:

Good luck to all concerned - and I am very concerned!!!!

And so say all of us! 

Should TIGER be prepared for an invasion?

EDIT ~ I'm already in mourning... I wonder how long it will be before the new Community forums gain a lovable, distinctive character?

Tiger's Osprey Info & World Bird Cams

• In reply to scylla:

@ Wendy,    that's brilliant - so appropriate !   meantime, I'll have to occupy myself making more cheese/suet pastry for the war effort - but I'll be playing that song and reminding myself of the famous lines from Dad's Army of  "don't panic"  and trying to forget the lines  "we're doomed"       lol

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to HAZY:

Oh, blimey.  I'm keeping everything crossed - and I mean everything.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• In reply to Clare:

Good luck. This resource could and should be much more heavily used by members (and others if that's what RSPB wants). Where it went wrong last time was in the main down to a lack of involvement at the development stage. I hope and trust feedback at that time, and ever since, has been taken on board and that appropriate UAT has taken place prior to rollout. Hopefully, those doing the UAT are people who contribute to the community as well.

• In reply to Robbo:

Well said Rob,  

UAT  =  User Acceptance Testing.... I just googled it  lol

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to HAZY:

User Acceptance Testing ..... now there's a novel approach.

I wonder if Bob's Facebook page is still there which we used when the site went down last time?

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• In reply to TeeJay:

TeeJay said:

User Acceptance Testing ..... now there's a novel approach.

I wonder if Bob's Facebook page is still there which we used when the site went down last time?

It does still exist, in fact I don't think you can delete them once started -:).

https://www.facebook.com/groups/exrspbcomm/

It would easy enough to start a new one with a different title if the "ex rspb" bit is a problem for anyone. It certainly looks like there may well be a week long outage. 

----------

Cheers,

Bob

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobs_retired_now/

• In reply to Bobs_Still_Retired:

Good luck,I have everything crossed and look forward to newer, slicker future that will get me back to posting more to the Community. As Hazy suggests, a system without the ability to post multiple pictures won't be seen as much of an improvement, sadly.

----------

Cheers,

Bob

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobs_retired_now/

• In reply to Bobs_Still_Retired:

Agreed, Bob. That and the 'homepage' layout. I'm sure all the niggles will have been addressed during the fundamental UAT stage (which presumably has already happened as rollout date is both imminent and officially confirmed).